Practiced by many celebrities and created by the personal trainer Harley Pasternak – The 5-Factor diet.
The number 5 is a magic number according to Pasternak, and that’s why he created this diet. The diet lasts 5 weeks, includes 5 meals a day, with 5 key ingredients, and you’ll only need 5 minutes to prepare it.
Recommendation: Exercise 5 times a week.
The diet also allow you to cheat 5 days where you can eat anything you want.
Base of the diet:
The diet is not expensive, hard, and it doesn’t last long.
Duration – 5 weeks!
You could go with some strict diets too, and maybe they’ll give you the desired results in short period, but the bad thing is that the results won’t last long. Pasternak chose the period of 5 weeks for his diet to avoid the undesirable yo-yo effect. Many people choose to continue with the diet even after the recommended 5 weeks, and try to turn it into a way of living.
5 Meals a day with 5 key ingredients
3 meals and 2 snacks is what the daily menu allows. It is recommended to eat every 180 minutes. So you won’t feel hungry at all and your metabolism will run faster. For example: 08:00, 11:00, 14:00, 17:00 and 20:00.
Your meals should be cooked fast and easy, because you’ll eat 5 times a day.
The meals must contain these 5 components:
- Healthy Proteins (Egg whites, fish, shellfish, chicken breast)
- Healthy Fats (Olive oil)
- Healthy Carbs (Fruits, beans, brown rice, lentils)
- Fiber (Whole wheat bread, oats, barley, vegetables and fruits, no potatoes)
- No sugar drinks
Along with this diet you should exercise 5 times a week for about 25 minutes. Harley Pasternak divided it in five phases (each lasting 5 minutes) to make the fitness plan even simpler.
- Cardio warm-up: walking, climbing stairs, etc. to accelerate the rhythm of your heart
- Strengthen your upper body: exercise your arms with small weights
- Strengthen your lower body: exercise your legs. We all know what is he best exercise for the legs – Squats
- Abdominal muscles exercises
- Fat loss cardio. Your workout should finish with some intense cardio exercises such as cycling, running, and so on.
You’ll have five days to rest from the diet during the five weeks. You can eat whatever you want in that period. Select one day a week, where you can eat your favorite pizza, a piece of cake or go to your favorite food place. Results can’t come with strict prohibitions.
As you can see, the diet is not strict and you can’t expect to lose weight right away. During the 5 weeks you can lose about 15 pounds. If you feel satisfied and your body want you to continue go ahead with your healthy diet.